This Schoolyard Expansion and Renovation realizes EB’s vision to transform an asphalt playground into a living ecosystem, becoming an Outdoor Learning Environment. Listening closely to teachers, students and parents, and observing interactions in the current schoolyard revealed new solutions. By nearly doubling the size of the playground, the school gains:
- Tree-shaded allée providing visual and sound buffer
- Amphitheater with stage for student performances
- Soccer field with real grass and a basketball court
- Space for outdoor classrooms.
- Expanded edible garden.
- Seasonal creek where students can explore.
Sessa + Wadlund Design Studio
Comments are closed.